My husband and I are going on our honeymoon in December. We wanted to wait until it’s cold and snowy here to enjoy our tropical getaway to the Bahamas, and now our trip is less than two months away! We’re really excited for our trip, which is my latest project, a roll up beach towel bag, was inspired by the sunny Bahamas.
I came across a pattern for the beach towel bag on Pinterest and used it as a guide for this project. This was a pretty simple project- here’s what you need:
- 2 beach or bath towels
- Thread to match
- Small pillow
- Velcro squares (I used the iron on kind)
- Small rectangle of fabric of your choice for the pockets
Then here’s what you need to do!
- Cut about a foot off of one towel for your handles; cut in half and sew to create handles; set aside
- Create a pocket for your pillow by folding over the top of one of your towels; put pillow in its pocket; sew the outside edges and iron/sew on Velcro at bottom so the pillow can be taken out for washing the towel
- Sew two towels together so it is one piece; roll up towel; iron/sew on 3 Velcro square on corners and middle of where the towel ends
- Sew handles on either side of towel so it hangs like a purse
- Sew material on to towel to make a pocket; create divided pockets to fit your phone or whatever you’ll be carrying with you to the beach or pool
Voila! You have a roll up beach towel bag!